1. First day back at my office space in two weeks. Weird.
2. Got to work at 5:40 this morning, maybe had 3 hours of sleep last night. 1 million percent down to nap.
3. I like my job I like my job I like my job (Constant reminder. Because really, it’s a great job. I just still would rather hang out with Dee and M and go hiking and braise things all the time.)
4. A+++ 3 day weekend. After being in Milwaukee it was so good to be at home with animals and bed and home cooked food and hike and yoga and the leggiest of leg days.
5. The no sugar thing is a work in progress (thx mom you and your homemade cookies ruined all) but I did pass on a gigantic bowl of Halloween candy so there’s that.
6. The nap. It’s here.
You sexy beast , you.
-stretch and move
squat things (oof)
-have family dinner
-long walk with Dee & M
-stuff poblanos and eat them
-24 hours without refined sugar
Honestly the most exciting Denver night of all: organically running into goodbyekellybelly and then eating pizza together. Dreams do come true!!
Men’s thermal, new hair color, Bulleit Rye and homemade orange bitters. No fucks given, Friday night.
She is having none of my love today.
-Grief. A lot of grief. I miss you, grandpa.
-A day off work for The Grief. I feel very weird about not being at work. But grateful for family time and time with M and a full night of sleep.
-Overall a good week at work after last week’s grumpiness. I had my first presentation in my position and it went extremely well and I really like the people I work for. So what if I have to do a bunch of 12-hour midnight shifts over the next two months? It builds character, or something.
-Making dirty chai on the cheap with concentrated coffee, chai syrup, and almond milk. Suck it, $5 chais.
-I want to find a better situation for yoga. I don’t have the schedule for teaching right now so studio classes are simply not something I want to pay almost $20 each for. I cancelled YogaGlo because I wasn’t using it. I still struggle with the motivation to do a home practice, especially before or after work. There are yoga classes at my gym and I have had extremely good experiences with gym yoga in the past (despite any stigmas out there) so I want to try that, as it would be included in my membership. As mentioned in this post I’m actually doing ok without a daily practice, but it feels good to stretch. Anyways. Rambling.
Back to the cuddles, the chai, and helping M make sure our kombucha isn’t going to explode and kill us all.